Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fall Tree Buttons Board

Arbol Otonal de Botones

I recently made this button tree board for C using felt, flower  buttons and a wood board. This will be a fun way for C  to practice how to button. It was very easy and fast to make. This time I didn't use my sewing machine..I thought sewn by hand will be faster!! And I was right. I didn't follow any pattern....It took me about an hour.It was very simple.

Recientemente hice  este  árbol de botones para  C  use fieltro, botones en forma de flores y una tabla de madera. Esta será una forma divertida para que  C practique como usar los botones. Fue muy fácil y rápida de hacerlo. Esta vez no use mi máquina de coser .. Pense que cociendo a mano lo acabaria mas rapido.. y estaba en lo cierto. No seguí ningún patrón .. Es muy simple. Me tomo menos de una hora.



Here is how I presented the activity   to C

Aqui esta la manera en que presente la actividad a C.



She didn't do bad for being her first button board. She asked for help in a couple of buttons and then she finished it all by herself.

C no lo hizo mal para ser su primera actividad de botones.Me pidió ayuda con un par de botones y luego terminó por sí misma.



Thank you for stopping by..Have a lovely day.

Gracias por pasar por mi blog..Que tenga un buen dia..



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute work, I lake it!!!

Kisses.

Olives and Pickles said...

Thank you Zondra..you are very sweet! Your comments always cheer me up!have a great day.

Debbie said...

That's really very cute. I like the mushroom, and the buttons you used are adorable!

Unknown said...

Wonderful! I really like this. Very cute and creative work. Thank you for sharing.

Montessori Beginnings said...

Soo cute! I LOVE the little toadstool : )

Lissa Lou said...

I love this!!!! What a super cute idea

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE this. So cute. I don't sew but I think I could cut shapes out of felt and hand stitch them on to something. But what did you put the whole thing on? How is it attached?
I am thinking a Christmas tree one with ornaments and snow flakes would be really cute. Let me know the backing so I can get started!!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Love it!!! I also saw that you were nominated for Best New Blog. I am so happy for you and went right on over and voted for you and your blog. Best wishes and keep up the great work! You always inspire me! Kerri

Olives and Pickles said...

Thank you for your lovely comments!!

Abbie I glued the hole piece of gray felt to the wood board once it was all stitched..I used hot glue.
First I stitched the brown tree to the background(gray felt) then I stitched the buttons, after that I stitch the toadstool and the orande grass..and finally glued to the board.
If I wouldn't have a wood board handy I will probably have used cardboard.I have lots of them recycled from boxes.
I love your idea of the snow flakes, one you finish yours please let me know so I can check it out..Thank you for stopping by!! : )

Kerry..It is always nice to read your comments..iT is nice to hear about the nomination..THANK YOU for voting..You are very very sweet!big hugs..

You all have a great wonderful day my friends...

Humble Mom said...

I made this button board! Thank you for sharing such an awesome idea. http://noorjanan.blogspot.com/2011/10/b-is-for-buttons-fall-fun.html

Deb Chitwood said...

This is wonderful ... great practical life activity with added seasonal interest! I featured your photo and post at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2011/09/29/montessori-inspired-autumn-leaf-unit/

alljoinin said...

Love this, I've added a link to this post from my blog as you inspired me to make one http://alljoinin.blogspot.com/2011/11/felt-tree-button-board.html

Happy Whimsical Hearts said...

I love this idea - it is beautiful. Would you mind if I pin it?