Friday, November 1, 2013

How is C doing?

Como esta C?

Well, let me give you some updates about C (5 years old) my big girl has enrolled to a Montessori School and she is experiencing how to be part of a Kindergarten classroom with 19 other wonderful children.
As much as I would like to say, everything is doing great, well not quiet, we as a family have to learn to adjust to this "overwhelming routine", wake up much earlier than usual, rush into making  breakfast, pack lunch, be sure she has her backpack ready, drive her to school, observe how the kids line up and follow their teacher to their class.
The first two weeks of school my  husband was gone for work and it wasn't easy. I was feeling busy, unhappy and always in a big rush most of the time!! I don't like rushing my kids, I remember my dad was the most patient men with everybody else but with his own family, he always rushed us, he always wanted things get done fast, I promised myself that I do not want to become like him. I believe that we all are different and we can't rush perfection!
Anyways I think it is a learning curve for all us and I really hope things get smoother and calmer (I know, you may be thinking..is she crazy? things will just get worst)..For a 5 years old going to school from 8:30-3:30pm it's not easy, she gets very tired,unhappy over the smallest thing and  whiny, I am just trying to be the grownup here and understand ! I miss you so very much my little girl..


Bueno, se que algunos de ustedes se deben de preguntar donde anda  C (5 años ) mi niña adorada esta asisitiendo  a una escuela Montessori y ella está experimentando como ser parte de una clase de Kindergarten junto con otros 19 niños maravillosos .
Por mucho que me gustaría decir que todo anda muy bien, bueno realmente no tanto, nosotros como una familia tenemos que aprender a adaptarnos a esta nueva " rutina abrumadora " , despertar mucho antes de lo habitual , apresurarse a preparar el desayuno , preparar la lonchera, tener la mochila lista , manejar a la escuela, observar cómo los niños se alinean y siguen a su maestra a la clase ...
Las dos primeras semanas de escuela mi esposo tuvo que viajar fuera por trabajo y no fue fácil para mí ! Me sentía algo triste, insatisfecha y con  un gran apuro la mayor parte del tiempo ! No me gusta apresurar a  mis hijos  todo el tiempo , recuerdo que mi padre era el hombre más paciente del mundo con todos , pero no con su propia familia, el siempre nos llevaba  siempre al apuro , él siempre quería que las cosas se hagan rápido y sobretodo BIEN, me prometí a mí misma que yo no quiero imitar ese ejemplo en ese aspecto (pues creo que es el unico defecto que mi padre tuvo...ya que el fue y aun es el mejor del mundo!). Creo que todos somos diferentes y no podemos apresurar perfección!
De todas formas creo que es una curva de aprendizaje para todos nosotros y realmente espero que las cosas se pongan  más llevaderas y calmadas ..Para un nino de 5 anios de edad estar en la escuela de 8:30-3:30pm no es fácil , una vez que la recojo de la escuela y la traigo a casa, ella esta muy cansada, enojada y sensible !  Pero trato de entenderla ....Te extraño mucho mi niña ....y no tienen idea como extrano homeschooling con ella en casa!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing an update on C! I know as a mom of kids in school and one still in school that the schedule can cause a stress at first. I can assure you that following the routine will get easier. Love the picture too. How is the baby doing?