Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Homemade Baby Shower Invitation Cards

Las Invitaciones Caseras Para Mi Baby Shower

 


 One of my closest friends had the thoughtful gesture to organize a baby shower for me (8 months pregnant). I really wanted to help her doing something so I offered myself to make the invitations.
Most of you my followers and bloggy friends know by now that I am having a baby boy so I really wanted to stay away from blue, I picked yellow ,while looking for ideas online I found this post over here and I totally loved it.

Una de mis amigas mas cercanas tuvo el hermoso gesto de ofrecer a organizar mi baby shower (llevo 8 meses de embarazo). Yo deseaba ayudarla con algo y se me ocurrio hacer las tarjetas para el evento, asi que buscando ideas en internet encontre  la inspiracion de este blog. Y me encanto! Como sabran estoy en espera de un nene y en vez de ir por el color azul, decidi el amarillo.



I made over 50 invitations, took me a morning to made all. I already had the scraps of yellow fabric, buttons and scrapbook yellow paper( to put a touch on the envelope)
 How much do I spend? Well I only spend $2.50 on buying the card stock white paper at Michael's craft store. That's it!! Please don't tell that to my guests : )


Hize algo de 50 invitaciones, me tomo toda una manana terminarlas, yo tenia retazos de tela amarilla, botones y papel de scrapbooking (para adornar los sobres) asi que no hubo necesidad de gastar dinero en eso.
Lo unico que me costo fue la cartulina blanca para la tarjeta en lo que gaste $2.50 que lo compre en Michael's.


If any of you is interested on making cards for any ocassion you may consider buying these, it is a good  deal, it comes 50 white long  sheets of card paper that you can cut on half like I did for making mine and also comes with envelopes! I found them at Michael's regular price is $5.00 but they were on sale with 50% off, so I paid $2.50. And I still have lots of paper left.

Some guidelines: First I measured the card, then use Microsoft  Office Word to write the message and print the cards. I cut yellow ovals and then cut  out 1/4 of each oval , stitch it to the card using my sewing machine and glue (craft glue) the buttons.



Si alguien de ustedes esta interesada en hacer tarjetas para cualquier ocasion, les aconsejo que consideren este paquete, vienen 50 hojas largas para que las cortes por la mitad y tambien te vienen los sobres.El precio regular es $5. pero las encontre en 50% de descuento.

Algunas pautas: Primero tome las medidas de las tarjetas, luego escribi el mensaje que queria que vaya en la tarjeta en mi ordenador usando Microsoft Office Word y las imprimi, recorte ovalos de la tela y corte 1/4 de cada ovalo, luego les di unas puntadas usando mi maquina de coser y pegue los botones usando goma.


Go here to check my last post about homemade cute stuff for baby.

Vaya aqui para ver mi ultimo post acerca de otras monadas para bebes.

3 comments:

linibau said...

Qué bonitas!

7x4 said...

Preciosas y muy originales, disfruta de la fiesta!

Olives and Pickles said...

Gracias por sus comentarios, ustedes siempre tan lindas! Muchos saludos