Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sorting objects

I have this fascination for saving stuff we don't use anymore(different things,bottle caps,boxes,markers caps,spoons,paper towel rolls..etc)I put different little things in a bag and let my little sunshine have fun sorting!! She learns different shapes,different colors,sizes,quantity and increases vocabulary. It is such a simple activity that keeps her entertain. Once she is done,she puts everything away without me telling her. It is just so natural for her.

Tengo esta mania de colectar diferentes cosas(tapas de marcadores,cajas de carton,cucharas de diferentes tamanos,tapas de botellas,tubos de papel toalla..etc) Coloco diferentes cosas en una bolsa y dejo que mi nena encuentre la bolsa y descubra que hay en ella como los diferentes colores,formas, figuras geometricas,cantidad,tamano y tambien incrementa su vocabulario.Es una actividad simple pero la mantiene entretenida por un buen rato.Una vez que termina, coloca todo en su lugar sin que yo le pida que lo haga, es algo muy natural en ella.

5 comments:

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

I just love this! I've had my son sort things before, but have never thought to let him do it with such a variety of things! Spoons, bottle lids, corks... such a great little activity, and I can see why she enjoys it so much. :) I've also found that it's more "natural" for my son to clean up when there's a specific basket or bag that everything belongs in - but I've never thought about it - thanks for pointing that out!

twolittleseeds said...

I love her expression.

I have an award for you here:

http://twolittleseeds.blogspot.com/2010/07/winner-of-gnome-giveaway-and-blog.html

xx

TwigandToadstool said...

Yes!! And people think they need to actually go out and spend $$ on manipulatives!!!
I just came to check out your space, via twolittleseeds blog, and the blog award she gave you!!! I LOVE that wooden bracelet a few posts back! beautiful!
here's to you mamma!
xo maureen

Olives and Pickles said...

Thank you guys for your comments. I love reading comments from other bloggers.You are very sweet.
Two Little seeds, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE AWARD!! I am so excited.
Positive Karma to all of you, let's enjoy our day!

marcia said...

Precious!
I do the same thing. . .save *things* for the children. It's so wonderful to watch them explore and discover and see how they use things.

happy day!